Common Language Location Identifier (CLLI): unknown
GL Code: unknown
Cancelled Call Sign: KAA62
Princeton was built around 1950 as an auxiliary (repeater) station on AT&T's first transcontinental microwave route, linking Tampico, IL to the east and Lowden, IA to the west. Before AT&T began using nearby geographic names to identify its microwave stations, Princeton was known as Chicago R6W, following a naming practice adapted from wire and cable repeater systems.
By April 1954, a radio "spur line" had been added, linking the station to the downtown Davenport, IA central office.
Created on April 16, 2003 at 21:12 by Albert LaFrance